Disabled students services
Service assistance to disabled students of the University of Udine coordinates and organizes the following services, disbursed in line with the available human, financial and instrumental resources:
- exemption from tuition fees and contributions to university students with grave disability (at least 66% of certified disability in italian system). To access the refund, please contacts Chamber services to students and graduates of the Ripartizione Didattica via Mantica, 3 (University Teaching Breakdown);
- transport service for travel between university centres (including the Student’s Residence) within the municipalities of Udine and Gorizia. The runs are conducted by drivers of cooperatives and specialized associations. To use the service you must contact nr 0432/556804 - 33: the reference staff will explain the organizational forms;
- service of personal accompanying of the students, by volunteers, within the main university campuses. The availability of the service is subject to the assignments of volunteers from the Ufficio Nazionale per il Servizio Civile (Office for National Civil Service). To use the service you must contact nr 0432/556804 - 33: the reference staff will explain the organizational forms;
- intermediation service between students, faculty, and contacts for the organization of exam equivalents in relation to the type of disability;
- intermediation service between students and teachers to organize meetings between them;
- service of spreading of information concerning the accessibility of locations with the possible supply of illustrated guides (in electronic format);
- support study service for visually impaired students;
- loan of laptops with installation, screen readers if requested;
- retrieval of texts from the libraries of the University;
- reservation of seats in classrooms, places of lessons;
- assistance, in collaboration with the competent authorities involved;
- use of 2 computers at the headquarters office (located on the ground floor of the building of the Ente Regionale per il Diritto allo Studio Universitario v.le Ungheria, 45 in Udine);
- use of a fixed video magnifier at the Library of Palazzo Antonini (via Petracco, 8);
- guidance specifically aimed at the choice of a course; the service is free and is provided on appointment (tel. 0432556121).
The use of the above services is subordinated to completing an application form to be sent, usually before the start of the Academic Year, to all students with disabilities included in the office database. For this reason we warmly invite new members as soon as possible after they have finished the enrolment procedure, to report at the customer service (tel. 0432/556804 - 0432/556833); the data provided will be used exclusively for institutional purposes and in the respect of existing legislation on the subject.
The students can access the services when they need contacting us with a reasonable advance and in the opening hours to the public.
- General Information
Viale Ungheria, 45 - 33100 UDINE
CONTACT PERSON FOR THE SERVICE:
Mr. Luciano Picone
Monday, Tuesday, Friday from 09.00 to 12.00;
Wednesday and Thursday 09.00 – 12.00 and from 14.00 to 17.00
The service, activated in 1999, tries to satisfy the requests of disabled students to allow them an active participation in university life. The Service is part of the Centro Orientamento e Tutorato (Orientation and Tutoring Centre) and the Office is in Viale Ungheria 45, Udine.
To obtain the addresses of other teachers or staff of the University use the "pager" on the home page of the University of Udine (www.uniud.it).
Each Faculty on the Campus has appointed a contact person for all issues related to teaching. In collaboration with the department of assistance to disabled students, each Faculty provides specific contacts to ensure the full participation of the students in the activities of the University.
The contact persons promote accessibility to the activities and provide teaching materials for the attendance of courses, initiatives and examinations.
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURAL:
Prof. Angelo Vianello (Tel: 0432/558781 - email: email@example.com)
Prof. Marina Schenkel (Tel: 0432/249224 - email: marina.schenkel @ dse.uniud.it)
FACULTY OF LAW:
Prof. Valeria Filì (Tel: 0432/249529 - email: valeria.fili @ dsg.uniud.it)
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING:
Prof. Giulio Croce (Tel: 0432/558018 - email: giulio.croce @ uniud.it)
FACULTY OF LETTERS AND PHILOSOPHY:
Prof. Maria Paola Dessi (Tel: 0432/556554 - email: paola.dessi @ dsfss.uniud.it)
Dr. Elisabetta Borgna (Tel: 0432/556630 - email: elisabetta.borgna @ yahoo.it)
Dr. Roberto De Feo (Tel: 0432/556617)
FACULTY OF FOREIGN LANGUAGES AND LITERATURE:
Prof. Antonella Riem (Tel: 0432/556773 - email: antonella.riem @ dllgr.uniud.it)
FACULTY OF MEDICINE:
Prof. Paolo Bergonzi (Tel: 0432/989263 - email: paolo.bergonzi @ dpmsc.uniud.it)
FACOLTA OF VETERINARY MEDICINE:
Dr. Francesca Tulli (Tel: 0432/650110 - email: francesca.tulli @ uniud.it)
FACULTY OF EDUCATION:
Dr. Daniele Fedeli (Tel: 0432/556555 - email: daniele.fedeli @ uniud.it)
FACULTY OF MATHEMATICAL, PHYSICAL AND NATURAL SCIENCE:
Prof. Gianluca Gorni (Tel: 0432/558422 - email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
The University provides for full exemption from the registration fee and contributions, to university students with gone disabilities (recognized percentage of not less than 66%). The forms and information on how to access the exemption are available at the Ripartizione Didattica, located in Via Mantica, 3 Udine (Opening hours: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Wednesday from 09.00 to 12.00; Thursday 09.00 – 12.00 and from 14.00 to 16.00.
ERDISU (REGIONAL AGENCY FOR THE RIGHT TO UNIVERSITY STUDY):
As regards the provision of study grants from the ERDISU and possibilities of accommodation in the Student’s Residence, please visit www.erdisu-udine.it.
Users belonging to the categories protected LR 20/97 (disabled), with an income within the limits provided by law, may purchase subscriptions for subsidized urban transport. Ask about this at Provincia di Udine (via Liruti Via, 22 - Udine) to access this service. It is necessary to hold an appropriate identification card issued by the Provincia di Udine, certifying the condition of permanent disability, with this card it will then be possible to obtain, at the time of subscription, the relative facilitation.
For further information please contact the SAF - AUTOSERVIZI FVG S.p.A. the number 0432/608164.
For information on how to access the reductions for rail transport and related services, see the website of Ferrovie dello Stato (www.trenitalia.com) and the single national number 199303060.
UNIVERSITA 'DEGLI STUDI DI UDINE:
Via Palladio, 8 - 33100 Udine - tel. 0432/556111 - Fax 0432/507715
WEB SITE: www.uniud.it
TOLL FREE: tel. 800241433
Ufficio Relazioni con il Pubblico (INFORMATION POINT): Via Petracco, 4 - 33100 Udine - tel. 0432/556388 - Fax 0432/556389 - email: email@example.com
Centro Orientamento e Tutorato (GUIDANCE CENTER AND TUTOR) Opening hours: Monday, Tuesday, Friday from 09.00 to 12.00; Wednesday and Thursday 09.00 – 12.00 and from 14.00 to 17.00 - via Mantica, 3 - 33100 Udine - tel. 0432/556215 0432/508786 - Fax 0432/511356 - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ERDISU (REGIONAL AGENCY FOR THE RIGHT TO UNIVERSITY STUDY):
SEDE: viale Ungheria, 43 - 33100 Udine
WEB SITE: www.erdisu-udine.it
SECRETARY: tel. 0432/245716 0432/245717 - fax 0432/21846
Student’s Residence: tel. 0432/21932
COMUNE DI UDINE:
Ufficio Relazioni con il Pubblico: Palazzo d'Aronco (INFORMATION POINT) - Via Lionello, 1 - 33100 Udine - tel. 0432/271616 - Fax 0432/271355 - email: redazionale.centro @ comune.udine.it
WEB SITE: www.comune.udine.it
PROVINCIA DI UDINE:
Ufficio Relazioni con il Pubblico (INFORMATION POINT): P.zza Patriarcato, 3 - 33100 Udine - tel. 0432/279440 - Fax 0432/279310 - email: email@example.com
WEB SITE: www.provincia.udine.it
REGIONE AUTONOMA FRIULI VENEZIA GIULIA:
Ufficio Relazioni con il Pubblico (INFORMATION POINT) : piazza I Maggio, 6 - 33100 UDINE - tel. 0432/555627 - 0432/555629 - 0432/555648 - Fax 0432/502855 - email regurp.ud @ regione.fvg.it
WEB SITE: www.regione.fvg.it
CALL CENTER: 892021
AUTOSERVIZI SAF (company of transports):
TOLL FREE: 800915303
SPORTELLO INFORMATIVO INFOHANDICAP (INFORMATION POINT):
Via San Valentino, 20 c / o Distretto Sanitario (District Health Office) - tel. 0432/512635 Fax 0432/309994 - e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
WEB SITE: www.infohandicap.org